The walk through Todd Heath and Lagoon Heath is now signed with red arrows. These instructions are from the Todd Road Carpark end but the circular walk can also be started at the Wharf Road bus stop entry.
1. Walk from the main carpark and under the prototype bridge span.
2. Walk down to the bridge between the lake and the Dam for a view across the lake towards the City. This is a good spot for birdwatching.
3. Retrace your steps to the seat and take the path on the left and up the sandy path through the Lagoon Heath. The wildflowers here are spectacular in Spring.
4. Veer right at the t-intersection past the Lagoon. Note the lush aquatic vegetation around the banks and the group of ponds on the left followed by the Friends’ compound and nursery.
5. Proceed along Todd Heath and go right at the post to the steps leading up to the Todd Road Embankment and continue on until you return to the BBQ.