We welcome new volunteers (individuals, families and teams) to help us to realise our vision and join our very enthusiastic core of volunteers. There is much work still to be done!
We work regularly on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8:30am to 3pm, and on the 3rd Sunday of the month from 9am to 4pm. Contact Tony on 0400 770 254 to discuss how you can help, and then we can arrange to meet, introduce you to the Park and take you to the current work site.
See here for a map of the Park and our vegetation communities.
Check out our monthly activities in the top menu bar for other volunteering opportunities and events.
We can tailor the tasks to suit your interests and physical capabilities. These include:
- planting trees, shrubs, climbers, ground covers and wildflowers
- preparing garden beds for planting by spreading mulch
- fostering good plant growth by weeding and pruning
- assisting in our plant nursery with potting and seed ‘cleaning’
- collecting seeds
- monitoring water quality in the lakes and lagoons
- helping record species in our monthly bird surveys
What’s in it for you?
- a great sense of achievement as you watch your work ‘grow’
- a good physical workout, especially if you take on mulching!
- tips on gardening and a better understanding of locally indigenous plants
- fresh air and beautiful surroundings
- that sense of communing with nature as you work to the sound of frogs and bird calls
- the good company of other ‘Friends’
What to wear and bring
You should wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty and robust, enclosed shoes or boots and bring a warm jacket in winter and a hat on sunny days. You will need to bring your own lunch but we supply tea, coffee, cold drinks and all the equipment you need including gardening gloves.
Occupational health and safety
We will demonstrate good practice but you must take personal responsibility for your own health and safety and not place yourself or your fellow team members at risk of being hurt.
Tell us on arrival if you have an illness, injury (eg. sore neck or back), or condition (eg. asthma or an allergy) that might be aggravated by tasks so we can decide how you can participate safely.
For more information contact:
- Tony Flude on 0400 770 254 or at firstname.lastname@example.org